- Listed: March 2, 2017 3:51 am
The Tun Suffian Cambridge Scholarship (modelled on the Rhodes Scholarships, the oldest international fellowships initiated after the death of Cecil Rhodes in 1902 to bring outstanding students to the University of Oxford) has received official recognition from the authorities at Cambridge. In March 2008, Low Weng Tchung, a Perak-born Malaysian student became the first Tun Suffian Scholar at Cambridge where he obtained a first class in the LLM degree.
In addition to the Tun Suffian Cambridge Scholarship, the Foundation, subject to availability of qualified applicants, is also offering the following awards:
• Bachelor of Law (LLB) at Malaysian Public Universities recognised by the Qualifying Board of the Malaysian Bar
• Master of Law (LLM) at the University of Cambridge
• Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at Malaysian Universities recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education
• Post Medical Diploma at any medical Institution either local and abroad recognised by the appropriate medical authorities in Malaysia
Except for those pursuing the PhD in selected Malaysian universities, these awards are open only to Malaysian citizens.
• An LLB scholar must maintain a CGPA of above 2.7 in all his/her semester examinations, failing which the Board of Trustees of the Foundation reserves the right to have the scholar’s scholarship suspended or withdrawn.
THE TUN SUFFIAN CAMBRIDGE LLM SCHOLARSHIPS (Maximum 1 Year)
An Applicant must:
• provide evidence of admission into one of the colleges in Cambridge
• indicate the chosen area of specialization
• show proof that he/she has additional funds sufficient to maintain his/her studies for the duration of the LLM programme at Cambridge
THE TUN SUFFIAN PhD SCHOLARSHIPS (Maximum 3 years)
• All PhD scholars are required to:
(a) Take no longer than 3 years to complete their PhD course;
(b) Ensure that their assigned supervisors submit once every three months a detailed report on the progress of their dissertation;
(c) Agree that the Board of Trustees of the Tun Suffian Foundation reserves the right to have any scholar’s scholarship suspended or withdrawn should a negative report from a scholar’s assigned supervisor is received, it being understood that it shall be within the absolute discretion of the Board to decide whether a report is negative or otherwise.
THE TUN SUFFIAN POST-MEDICAL/HEALTH BURSARIES
The applicant must provide evidence that the post medical course he/she intends to pursue whether in Malaysia or abroad is one which is recognised by the appropriate medical authorities in Malaysia.
CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL SCHOLARSHIPS
• ALL SCHOLARS (except post-medical/health scholars) must undertake:
(a) That they are not in receipt of any other scholarship, fellowship or monetary grant from any other body;
(b) That if at any time in the future a scholar obtains any other scholarship, fellowship or monetary grant from any other body, the scholar shall immediately inform the Foundation, in which event his/her Tun Suffian Scholarship would be withdrawn forthwith and all monies while expended by the Foundation on the scholar shall be refunded by him/her without delay.
• ALL APPLICANTS must be from Malaysian citizens with the exception of the Tun Suffian PhD Scholarship which is also available to non-Malaysian pursuing the course in Malaysia.
Masters of Law (LLM) – Maximum 1 year
All PhD courses – Maximum 3 years
How to Apply
Download the application form here
Learn more about the scholarship here
All applications for scholarships shall, subject to the qualifications hereinafter stated, be submitted to the Honorary Secretary at the following address:
The Honorary Secretary Tun Suffian Foundation Secretariat
Bangunan Sultan Azlan Shah, University of Malaya
50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
FOR LATEST SCHOLARSHIPS INFO DIRECT TO YOUR PHONE - PLEASE JOIN OUR TELEGRAM => CLICK BELOW..
- SENARAI TERKINI TAWARAN BIASISWA UNTUK SPM DAN STPM 2021/2022 | MOHON SEGERA!! (81290 views)
- Biasiswa | Bantuan Zakat IPTA / IPTS MAIDAM (55048 views)
- Biasiswa Yayasan Tenaga Nasional (53786 views)
- Biasiswa PETRONAS – PETRONAS Education Sponsorship Programme (PESP) (43466 views)
- Yayasan Universiti Malaysia Scholarship (42456 views)
- BIASISWA YANG DI-PERTUAN AGONG (BYDPA) SESI PENGAJIAN 2021/2022 – JPA (41447 views)
- Biasiswa Program Peneraju Tunas Potensi (40271 views)
- Biasiswa Yayasan Tabung Haji (39880 views)
- Biasiswa Al-Bukhary International University (AIU) (39081 views)
- Biasiswa Shell Malaysia (38786 views)