- Listed: March 1, 2021 8:45 am
Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities. This scholarship is divided into two (2) categories of study:1) Postgraduate
2) Post-doctoral Studies.
- Scholarship holder must undertake full-time studies for postgraduate and post-doctoral studies at a campus of Malaysian Universities. It is the responsibility of the scholarship holders to confirm admission to the university.
- Scholarship holders must not change their programme during tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from their university and the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders must follow the approved programmes and abide by the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
- Any suspension from the university will result in immediate suspension of award. Monthly allowances are not payable during suspension, including suspension due to illness.
- It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply for and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa.
- Scholarship holders must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university and degree programme, or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian universities and research must be carried out in Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders are not allowed to take any paid employment during their tenure unless with written approval from the host university.
To be eligible for Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must fit the following criteria:
- Not be more than 40 years (Postgraduate) and 45 years (Post-doctoral) of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor’s Degree Level for Master’s Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for the post-doctoral programme, selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the Universities in Malaysia).
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:-
- High-level academic achievement
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
- Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language
Field of studies is in the following priority areas:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
* Applicants may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above
List of Selected Universities in Malaysia:
· Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
· Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
· Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
· Universiti Malaya (UM)
· Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
· Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
· Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
· Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
· Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
· Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
· Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
· Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
· Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
· Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
· Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
· Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
· Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
· Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
· Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
· Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
· Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
· Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
· Multimedia University (MMU)
· International Centre For Education In Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
· Monash University Malaysia
· Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
· The University of Nottingham Malaysia
Each scholarship consists of:-
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- Approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance
How to apply for Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS)
CLOSE DATE : 30 APRIL 2021 | FULL SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE | APPLY NOW!!
FOR LATEST SCHOLARSHIPS INFO DIRECT TO YOUR PHONE - PLEASE JOIN OUR TELEGRAM => CLICK BELOW..
- SENARAI TERKINI TAWARAN BIASISWA UNTUK SPM DAN STPM 2022 | MOHON SEGERA!! (96699 views)
- Biasiswa | Bantuan Zakat IPTA / IPTS MAIDAM (64598 views)
- Biasiswa Yayasan Tenaga Nasional (57526 views)
- Biasiswa PETRONAS – PETRONAS Education Sponsorship Programme (PESP) – Semakan Keputusan (48335 views)
- BIASISWA YANG DI-PERTUAN AGONG (BYDPA) SESI PENGAJIAN 2021/2022 – JPA (45541 views)
- Yayasan Universiti Malaysia Scholarship (45344 views)
- Biasiswa Yayasan Tabung Haji (43476 views)
- Biasiswa Al-Bukhary International University (AIU) (42377 views)
- Biasiswa Yayasan Bank Rakyat (42104 views)
- Biasiswa Program Peneraju Tunas Potensi (41695 views)