- Listed: January 16, 2018 12:08 am
The Khazanah-Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Merdeka Scholarships, established to mark the 50th anniversary of Malaysia’s independence, are intended to enable outstanding Malaysian students to undertake postgraduate study at the University of Oxford. Subject areas may be drawn from a range of fields.
Candidates are required to demonstrate a high level of academic achievement, and how their study will make a contribution to the future needs of Malaysia. Awards will include university and college fees, accommodation and subsistence allowances, and return airfares.
Applicant must meet all the below requirements
1. Possess strong leadership skills and active participation in extra-curricular, social or voluntary activities
2. Applicants must have a consistent and outstanding academic achievement record as follows:
For Master’s Degree:
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper Division (UK and Australian University) or where there is a point system, obtained a minimum CGPA of 3.50 for Bachelor’s Degree
- Obtained admission to pursue studies at the University of Oxford (Conditional offer can be considered)
- Not exceeding 40 years of age as at the enrolment date for the Master’s programme
- To provide research outline/ thesis summary (Research or mixed mode)
- Obtained a distinction or ‘A’ grade average or equivalent (if there is a point system) for Master’s Degree
- Obtained admission or currently pursuing studies at the University of Oxford (Conditional offer can be considered)
- Not exceeding 40 years as at the enrolment date for the Doctorate programme
- To provide research outline/thesis summary on the topic they intend to pursue in the Doctorate programme
Candidates, who must be citizens of Malaysia, should have an excellent record of academic achievement and a proven capacity for independent research. Attention will also be given to the personal qualities of the candidates in terms of their leadership potential and ability to communicate. Candidates will be expected to show how their careers and the wider interests of Malaysia will benefit from a period of study at Oxford.
The fields of study covered by the Scholarship Programme include the following:
a) Business: Economics, Finance, Investment, Law, Actuarial Science;
b) Bio-medical Sciences: Bio-chemistry, Food Technology, Bio-technology, Bio-engineering, Molecular Biology, Genomics and Bio-informatics;
c) Engineering: Electronics, Micro-Electronics, Nano-technology, Materials Science.
Other fields may be considered.
How to apply for Khazanah– Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Merdeka Scholarship
For more information, please contact:
Address:The Academic Administrator,
Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies
Marston Road Oxford
OX3 0EE, UK.
Tel: +44 (0) 1865 618542, 618500; Fax: +44 (0) 1865 248942
e-mail: email@example.comClosing Date : 31 Jan 2018
More Scholarships Info …
- Jawatan Kosong ERL Maintenance Support Sdn Bhd
- Jawatan Kosong Lembaga Pembiayaan Perumahan Sektor Awam (LPPSA)
- Jawatan Kosong Jabatan Perlindungan Hidupan Liar Dan Taman Negara (PERHILITAN)
- Jawatan Kosong Pentadbiran Kerajaan Negeri Perak
- Jawatan Kosong Majlis Bandaraya Shah Alam (MBSA)
- Jawatan Kosong FINAS
- Jawatan Kosong Syarikat Prasarana Negara Berhad (PRASARANA)
LIKE @ FACEBOOK
Top Scholarships 2017
- Albukhary Foundation Scholarship Programme 2017 (27566 views)
- Biasiswa PETRONAS 2017 – PETRONAS Education Sponsorship Programme (PESP) 2017 (26712 views)
- Biasiswa Yayasan Tenaga Nasional 2017 (24895 views)
- Skim Prihatin Pendidikan 1Malaysia (SPP1M) (23846 views)
- Yayasan Sime Darby 2017 (23416 views)
- BIASISWA TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN (BTAR) 2018 (22810 views)
- Peneraju Tunas Potensi 2017 (22088 views)
- Yayasan Bank Rakyat (Pembiayaan Pendidikan Boleh Ubah) 2017 (Local) (21729 views)
- BIASISWA JPA – PENAWARAN PROGRAM PENAJAAN NASIONAL (PPN) 2017 (20064 views)
- BIASISWA YANG DI-PERTUAN AGONG SESI PENGAJIAN 2018/2019 (19240 views)