- Listed: July 20, 2017 3:21 am
PPBU is offered to tertiary level education from Skills Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Professional, Master’s Degree, and Doctorate and PHD to deserving Malaysians. Its aim is to aid the social and economic development of Malaysians by enabling bright but needy students to receive undergraduate education at local Public OR Private Higher Learning Institutions and Training Institutes in the country on a full-time basis.
PPBU is offered to applicants who have gained admission and are in their first year of study in Higher Learning Institutions and Training Institute recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education, the Private Education Department and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and the National Vocational Training Council (NVTC). PPBU provides educational assistance for undergraduate study in a wide spectrum of academic and practical subjects which in the opinion of members of the Board of Trustees of YBR are best oriented towards the social and economic development needs of country and the community.
Oct 09, 2017
- Malaysian citizen
- NOT less than 18 years old during application and accepting the study offer.
- NOT exceeding 30 years old upon graduation for Malaysia Skills Certificate, Diploma and Bachelors Degree.
- NOT exceeding 45 years upon graduation for Masters Degree, Doctorate & PhD.
- Confirmation of admission from the public OR private University OR Training Centre.
- Applicants must have/create a savings account with Bank Rakyat with a minimum of RM100 account balance.
- Only fields of studies which are recognized by the Public Services Department (JPA) / Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) / Malaysian Vocational Training Council (NVTC) / Government Agencies (Malaysia) concerned and acknowledged by the Board of Trustees of YBR.
- for Doctorate / PHD the qualified applicants must hold a Masters Degree qualification with CGPA of 3.00 and above OR a Bachelor’s Degree with a CGPA of 3.75 and above.
- for Masters Degree, applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 3.00 and above.
- for Degree, applicants must hold a Diploma OR STPM (Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia) with CGPA 3.0 and above OR – STAM equivalent to STPM OR Matriculation with at least CGPA 3.00 and above
- for Diploma, the applicant must have SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) qualification with a minimum grade of 5A & 4B (No grades below C)
- For Skills Diploma (Diploma Kemahiran), applicants should have attained or currently holding Level 2 Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) qualification.
- For Skills Certificate (Sijil Kemahiran), applicants should have passed SPM, with a mandatory pass in Bahasa Malaysia and at least 2 credits in any other subjects.
- PhD: Up to RM18,600 anually
- Masters: Maximum of RM12,000 annuually
- Bachelor’s Degree: Maximum of RM9,500 annually (Only RM6,500 for UiTM)
- Diploma: Maximum of RM7,500 annually (UiTM & Politeknik only RM6,500)
- Skills Diploma: Up to RM30,000 (2 years).
- Skills Certificate: Up to RM4,920 annually
Priority is given to the following fields of study:
III. Business Management
IV. Human Resources
VI. Media Communication
VIII. Actuarial Science
Please note that applications now are only open for Tier 2 programmes: Bachelor’s Degree, Masters & PhD
How to Apply
Please note that applications now are only open for Tier 1 programmes: Skills Certificate (Sijil Kemahiran), Skills Diploma (Diploma Kemahiran) & Diploma only. Tier 2 will open in JULY 2017: Bachelor’s Degree, Masters & PhD
Step 1: All applications must be made online at yayasanbankrakyat.com.my
Step 2: Before making application, the applicant is required to get an offer of admission to an IPTA/IPTS
Step 3: Applicants are required to REGISTER an account on the YBR website to fill-out the application form.
Step 4: After filling out the E-Form, applicants are required to print the document for personal reference.
Step 5: After the closing date of the application, applicants are required to answer a general knowledge quiz.
Step 6: All successful PPBU applicants will be announced on YBR’s official website and the offer letters will be posted.
Address: Yayasan Bank Rakyat, 8th Floor, Tower 1, Menara Kembar Bank Rakyat,
No.33, Jalan Rakyat, 50470, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone: +603 2612 9600
19101 total views, 11 today
More Scholarships Info …
LIKE @ FACEBOOK
Top Scholarships 2017
- Albukhary Foundation Scholarship Programme 2017 (25488 views)
- Biasiswa Yayasan Tenaga Nasional 2017 (23382 views)
- Biasiswa PETRONAS 2017 – PETRONAS Education Sponsorship Programme (PESP) 2017 (23176 views)
- Skim Prihatin Pendidikan 1Malaysia (SPP1M) (22339 views)
- Yayasan Sime Darby 2017 (20875 views)
- Peneraju Tunas Potensi 2017 (20631 views)
- Yayasan Bank Rakyat (Pembiayaan Pendidikan Boleh Ubah) 2017 (Local) (19101 views)
- BIASISWA TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN (BTAR) 2017 (18957 views)
- Yayasan Sime Darby Scholarship Programme 2016 (15780 views)
- Biasiswa Khazanah Watan 2016 (15266 views)